What are the 4 types of fire extinguishers in India?
There are four classes of fire extinguishers – A, B, C and D – and each class can put out a different type of fire.
- Class A extinguishers will put out fires in ordinary combustibles such as wood and paper.
- Class B extinguishers are for use on flammable liquids like grease, gasoline and oil.
What are the 5 different types of fire extinguishers?
5 Types of Fire Extinguishers
- Class A Fire Extinguishers. Class A fire extinguishers are safe for use on ordinary combustible fires, like those fueled by paper or wood.
- Class B Fire Extinguishers.
- Class C Fire Extinguishers.
- Class D Fire Extinguishers.
- Class K Fire Extinguishers.
What are the 7 types of fire extinguishers?
ABC) is located in your work area.
- Dry Chemical Fire Extinguishers.
- Air-Pressurized Water Fire Extinguisher.
- Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguishers.
- Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers.
- Clean Agent Fire Extinguishers.
- Water Mist Fire Extinguishers.
- Dry Powder Fire Extinguisher.
What are the types of fire extinguisher?
Fire Extinguisher Types and Colour Codes. The six main fire extinguisher types are water, foam, CO2, powder, water mist and wet chemical. Each of the different types of fire extinguisher is suitable for different fire classes.
What are the 4 types of fires?
What are the fire safety rules? Class A – fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper or textiles. Class b – fires involving flammable liquids such as petrol, diesel or oils. Class c – fires involving gases.
What is a 20 B fire extinguisher?
The Class B size rating indicates the square footage the extinguisher can cover. 20B means that as long as you sweep the nozzle side to side, there is enough extinguishing agent inside the canister to provide 20 square feet of coverage. There is no size rating for Class C.
What is types of fire?
Classes of fire
- Class A – fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper or textiles.
- Class B – fires involving flammable liquids such as petrol, diesel or oils.
- Class C – fires involving gases.
- Class D – fires involving metals.
- Class E – fires involving live electrical apparatus. (
What is an example of a Class D fire?
Class D fires are those that occur from combustible metals, such as aluminum, titanium, magnesium, lithium, zirconium, sodium, and potassium.
What kind of fire extinguisher do you need?
Foam Fire Extinguishers The foam fire extinguishers are perfect for extinguishing fire of Class A type and the liquid fire of Class B. However, this extinguisher cannot handle the gaseous fires. Do you know how many types of fire:
Which is the Indian standard for fire extinguishers?
Indian Standard: PORTABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHERS—PERFORMANCE AND CONSTRUCTION—SPECIFICATION PREAMBLE (NOT PART OF THE STANDARD)
What kind of fire extinguisher is used in BC?
BC fire extinguisher can put out class B fires involving flammable liquids and gases, oil, solvents, grease, tars, lacquers, and oil best paints. This type of extinguisher is also effective for Class C fires, involving energized electrical equipment. It is a type of gaseous fire suppression.
How does a CO2 fire extinguisher work?
Co2 fire extinguishers use carbon dioxide to remove oxygen from the fire which effectively suffocates it down. These extinguishers dispense a stream of water to extinguish fire. Water fire extinguisher is suitable for class A fires.