How do you use odious in a sentence?
Odious Sentence Examples
- He had to repay the odious debt to the Council.
- His attention turned to the odious favor.
- Occasionally they appear in odious positions.
- At Palermo the Sicilians struggled hard to establish a republic in place of the odious government of an alien dynasty.
How to use odious?
Odious in a Sentence 🔉
- Because Mark had an odious personality, he had very few friends.
- The athlete got arrested for participating in the odious sport of dog fighting.
- Although I normally notice unpleasant smells right away, I cannot detect the odious scent you noticed in the house.
What is a good sentence for posterity?
Posterity sentence example. Let our remotest posterity recall your achievements this day with pride. If you have a video camera, record the show for posterity . Like a true prince of the Renaissance he favoured men of letters whom he trusted to preserve his reputation to posterity .
What is the odious?
If something is odious, it’s hateful. If you become a historian of slavery, you’ll learn all the details of that odious trade. Odious is from the Latin noun odium, which means hatred. It is a strong word, so don’t call someone odious unless you want to accuse someone of being loathsome or vile.
What does the most odious woman alive mean?
hateful; disgusting. She is an odious young woman.
What is an example of posterity?
Posterity is the future generations of a family. An example of posterity is grandchildren.
How is posterity used in simple sentences?
Posterity in a Sentence 🔉
- We bury time capsules for ourselves and for posterity.
- As a historian, it is Phillip’s job to preserve historical documents and artifacts for our posterity.
- What the great artists left to posterity was a huge collection of masterpieces.
What is odious speech?
part of speech: adjective. definition: provoking or deserving of hatred; loathsome or repellent. Crime involving the elderly is particularly odious.
What does it mean when you call someone odious?
: causing hatred or strong dislike : worthy of hatred. More from Merriam-Webster on odious.
What does Odorus mean?
: having an odor: such as. a : fragrant. b : malodorous.
What does posterity mean in one word?
all future generations
1 : the offspring of one progenitor to the furthest generation. 2 : all future generations.
What part of speech is the word dupe?
|part of speech:||noun|
|part of speech:||transitive verb|
|inflections:||dupes, duping, duped|
|definition:||to fool or trick; mislead. synonyms: deceive, fool, gull, hoodwink, mislead, sucker, trick similar words: bamboozle, betray, cheat, con, cozen, defraud, delude, hoax, rogue, rook, snow, swindle|