How do you make a clap switch circuit diagram?
How to Make Clapping Switch Circuit
- Step 1: Take All Components As Shown Below. Components required –
- Step 2: Circuit Diagram.
- Step 3: Connect Pin-4 and Pin-8 of LM555 IC.
- Step 4: Connect 10uf Capacitor.
- Step 5: Connect 100K Resistor.
- Step 6: Connect C945 Transistor.
- Step 7: Connect 1K Resistor.
- Step 8: Connect 56K Resistor.
What is clap switch circuit?
Definition: A clap switch is an electronic circuit, which controls electrical appliances like a bulb, tube lights, etc with user clapping action. It is mainly useful for a person who cannot move his legs. The clap switch circuit can be designed in two ways using 555 IC and without using a 555IC.
What are the different types of clapping circuit?
I will present two circuits for clap switches, both of these circuits will be based on 555 IC and 4017 IC….Clap Switch Circuit for Devices using 555 and 4017
- Clap Switch Circuit Summary.
- Clap Switch Circuit using 555 and 4017.
- Clap Switch Circuit for Multiple Devices.
How does a clap switch work?
A Clap Switch circuit uses a microphone within the circuit to detect noises to turn the LED on. A clap switch circuit can be used in homes and businesses to turn on things such as: lights, TVs, or whatever it is set up to the clap switch. In many cases you can snap your fingers, clap your hands, or even speak to it.
What is the advantage of clap switch?
The main benefit of clap switch is, we can control any electric load like light, a fan from any place in the room by clapping our hands.
How do you make a 555 clap switch?
- Connect Pin 4 & 8 of 555 timer to VCC.
- Connect Pin1 of 555 timer To GND.
- Use a jumper wire to connect Pin 6 & Pin 2 of 555 timer.
- Connect Indicating LED at Pin 3 with 220 Ω resistor.
- Connect 100K Ω resistor between Pin 7 of 555 timer & VCC.
- Use 10uF Electrolytic Capacitor to connect Pin 2 of 555 timer to GND.
How do you clap home automation?
- Take the 5V SPDT Relay & solder it onto the PCB board.
- Solder the 16 pin IC jacket for CD4017 on the PCB Board.
- Solder the LM7805 voltage Regulator on the PCB Board.
- Connect the LEDs and the 1N4007 diode on the PCB Board.
- Solder the BC547 Transistors onto the PCB Board.
Who invented the clap switch?
The Clapper was invented by Carlile R. Stevens and Dale E. Reamer, and issued U.S. Patent #5493618, which was published on 20 February 1996.
What does clap on clap off mean?
The Clapper is a sound-activated electrical switch, sold since 1984 by San Francisco, California based Joseph Enterprises, Inc. Joseph Pedott marketed the clapper with the slogan “Clap On! Clap Off! The Clapper plugs into a U.S.-type electrical outlet, and allows control of up to two devices plugged into the Clapper.
What are the features of 555 timer?
- Direct replacement for SE556/NE556.
- Timing from microseconds to hours.
- Operates in both astable and monostable modes.
- Replaces two 555 timers.
- Adjustable duty cycle.
- Output can source or sink 200mA.
- Output and supply TTL compatible.
- Temperature stability better than 0.005% per ˚C.
What can a clap switch circuit be used for?
The main application of the clap switch circuits described below is for controlling home appliances like light bulbs and fans. Suppose you want to connect a ceiling fan with this circuit so that you can switch it ON or OFF with alternate clap sound, you can easily do it, by wiring the fan 220 V AC input through the relay of the circuit.
Why are Clap on switches vulnerable to external sounds?
All the clap-on switch circuits explained above have the ability to operate only with single alternate clap sounds. This feature makes the circuit vulnerable to external sounds which might occur occasionally triggering the connected load with the circuit.
How is a 555 IC used in a clap switch?
As soon as the transistor becomes ON, the potential at Point A would become low and it will trigger the 555 IC because of the low voltage (below Vcc/3) at Trigger Pin 2 and LED will turn ON. We have connected the LED to Output PIN 3 of 555 IC through a 220ohm resistor.
Where does the sharp hand clap go in a circuit?
The first sharp hand clap is detected by the electret microphone and is fed into operational amplifier ICI’s inverting ( -) input at pin 2 via C1. The signal negative peak at the pin 6 output of IC1 subsequently activates 555 timer IC2, that is set up like a monostable multivibrator.