How do I file an EEOC complaint in Virginia?

The system can be accessed at the EEOC website. If you do not have internet or need language assistance, you may call the toll-free number at 1-800-669-4000. For additional help, you may also call the toll free number to retrieve the same information provided in the Online Charge Status System.

Where is the EEOC located?

Washington, D.C.
Like many federal agencies, EEOC’s main office is located in Washington, D.C. We have 53 field offices around the country that can help you solve job discrimination and harassment problems.

How do I contact the EEOC in Virginia?

Richmond Local Office

  1. Location. 400 N. Eight Street. Suite 350. Richmond, VA 23219. United States.
  2. 1-800-669-4000.
  3. 804-771-2224.
  4. 1-800-669-6820.
  5. ASL Video Phone. 844-234-5122.
  6. Director. Daron Calhoun.
  7. Regional Attorney. Melinda Dugas.
  8. Office Hours.

How many days do you have to file with the EEOC if you are the victim of discrimination in your employment?

180 calendar days
In general, you need to file a charge within 180 calendar days from the day the discrimination took place. The 180 calendar day filing deadline is extended to 300 calendar days if a state or local agency enforces a law that prohibits employment discrimination on the same basis.

What qualifies for EEOC complaint?

You can file a formal job discrimination complaint with the EEOC whenever you believe you are: Being treated unfairly on the job because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, age (age 40 or older) or genetic information; or.

What qualifies as an EEOC complaint?

How long do you have to file an EEOC complaint?

within 180 days
A charge must be filed with EEOC within 180 days from the date of the alleged violation, in order to protect the charging party’s rights. This 180-day filing deadline may be extended to 300 days if the charge also is covered by a state or local anti-discrimination law.

Is it worth suing your employer?

If you sue your employer, it won’t be enough for you to prove that your employer made the wrong decision, or even that your employer was a no-goodnik. If you don’t have a valid legal claim against your employer, then you will ultimately lose your case. One big reason to think twice before you sue.

How do I prove my EEOC Retaliation?

To prove a retaliation claim in California, an employee must show that (1) he has engaged in a “protected activity” – i.e. complaining about unlawful discrimination, unlawful harassment, safety violations, patient safety at a healthcare facility, or exercising a number of other protected rights under the law, (2) he …

How long does it take to get EEOC settlement?

On average, we take approximately 10 months to investigate a charge. We are often able to settle a charge faster through mediation (usually in less than 3 months). You can check the status of your charge by using EEOC’s Online Charge Status System.

What is classed as unfair treatment at work?

What Constitutes Unfair Treatment? It is illegal to harass or discriminate against someone because of so-called “protected characteristics” such as age, disability, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, color, nationality and sex.

Where are the EEOC offices in Washington DC?

131 M Street, NE Washington, DC 20507 202-921-3191 1-800-669-6820 (TTY) 1-844-234-5122 (ASL Video Phone)

How to contact the Virginia Equal Employment Commission?

Contact Shirley Bray-Sledge at [email protected] or by phone at (804) 584-9841, Virginia Relay Center: press 711 or TTY: 1-800-828-1120 for assistance in the translation and understanding of the information on this web page. For more information or to file a complaint, contact:

Where is the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission?

S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 131 M Street, NE Washington, DC 20507 202-921-3191 / 1-800-669-6820 (TTY) / 1-844-234-5122 (ASL Video Phone)

Where can I file a discrimination claim in Virginia?

Some cities and counties in Virginia have agencies that process claims under local ordinances and may be able to assist you. These agencies are often called the “Human Rights Commission,” “Human Relations Commission,” or the “Civil Rights Commission.” Check your local telephone directory or government website for further information.