Can you take placement test online?
These tests are not offered online. Accuplacer exams must be completed at an approved testing location, where test-takers are supervised for the duration of the test. Those who need to take an Accuplacer exam must make arrangements to take them at one of the following locations.
Can I take the TSI math test online?
You may test online at home on your computer for a $25 fee. You must have access to a computer with a microphone and a webcam, as this is how the online proctor will monitor you as you test. Please complete the TSI Assessment Request Form and choose the online option.
How do I schedule a TSI test?
TSI Assessment Process Overview
- Contact one of the following for a test referral:
- Complete your Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) online through WebAdvisor.
- Request a date to take your test and pay.
- Take the TSI.
- Meet with an academic advisor to review your scores and determine your next steps towards registration.
Can you take the TSI at any time?
The TSI Assessment is an on-demand test, and you may retake it at any time to determine your college readiness.
Is the TSI hard to pass?
There are many students who don’t think the TSI is hard. Some say they only studied for a couple of hours for a few days and had great scores. But then again, if you don’t get properly prepared, the TSI (Texas Success Initiative) can be challenging and pretty hard to deal with.
Can I take TSI online?
The TSI Assessment exam is available online through Examity, a remote proctoring service for students who may not be able to test on campus due to COVID-19, who live out of state, or reside in a different country. Please note there is a list of requirements that need to be completed before taking the TSI exam online.
How do I prepare for the TSI test?
This content was developed by Houston Community College.
- Pre-Assessment Activity. Begin by taking the Pre-Assessment Activity to determine your testing needs.
- Practice and Review. Next it will be helpful for you to complete the practice quizzes in reading, writing or math.
- Take the Assessment Test. First Pay Testing Fees.
What is a good score on a placement test?
Each university determines what constitutes a “good” ACCUPLACER test score. Given that, our general advice is that you should aim for a score at least a 237 or higher.
How do you pass a placement test?
How to Prepare for Placement Exams
- Take practice exams and Study!
- Use materials from high school to practice:
- Visit the Accuplacer website to get more information about what to expect from the exams.
- Use Ed Ready to estimate your score and improve math skills.
- Visit these other sites to practice specific skills:
Can you fail a college placement test?
You cannot fail a placement test. The test determines what courses you will be placed in when you begin at college. Depending on your score, you may need to take extra developmental courses or you may be able to start regular college courses right away.
Where to take TSI test?
The TSI Assessment is a Texas exam. It can be taken on-campus, off-campus at a participating remote test center, or virtually. You can locate a participating test center on the ACCUPLACER Student Portal.
How to take TSI test?
Determine if you need to take the TSI Assessment
What to expect on the TSI assessment?
The TSI Assessment consists primarily of multiple-choice questions, although the Writing section also includes an essay question. The assessment is computer adaptive, meaning that the difficulty level of the questions changes according to your performance.
Do I have to take the TSI assessment?
The TSI Assessment (TSIA) is part of the Texas Success Initiative program designed to help your college or university determine if you are ready for college-level course work in the areas of reading, writing, and mathematics. If you are an incoming college student in Texas, you are required to take the TSI Assessment – unless you are already exempt (read below) – to determine your readiness for college-level work.