Who can help me Eyfs?
Ideas and Suggestions
- Role play areas – doctor’s/dentist’s/opticians/vets/post office etc.
- Visits from people who help us, e.g. childminder/health visitor.
- Small world play.
- Circle times.
- Make badges to wear for being helpful – ask children to pick who wears them.
- Talk about who helps us everyday.
- Talk about friendship.
Why is it important for children to learn about people who help us?
People who help us is such a fun theme in the early years. It’s also an incredibly important topic to get children to know who can help them when they have a problem. It’s crucial to get children to understand people who help us in emergency situations and that this is done in a way that makes children feel safe.
Which are community helpers?
Community helpers are the individuals who live and work in our community and ensure that the community stays healthy, safe and happy. Doctors, nurses, firemen, policemen, postmen, drivers, dentists, farmers, plumbers, librarians, mechanic, chef, fishermen, as well as teachers form a part of community helpers.
What areas do you need in Eyfs classroom?
Not limited to these, but if you’re looking for an area to help aid each of the areas of learning in EYFS, we have:
- Personal, Social & Emotional Development – Classroom & Toilet Area.
- Mathematics – Maths Area.
- Literacy – Literacy Area.
- Communication & Language – Writing Area.
- Physical Development – Mark Making Area.
What do you do in emergency Eyfs?
- Contain the emergency without harm to child or staff (e.g. in case of fire- use a fire blanket)
- Check the safety of all the children and remove them from the immediate area- never leave them unattended.
- If necessary, dial 999 for emergency services or doctor/111 for NHS.
Who help us in our daily life?
1) Firefighters, Doctors, Police, lifeguards, watchmans. 2) Fireman extinguishes the hazardous fires. 3) The postman delivers us letters. 4) Doctor gives us medicines in the hospital.
Who keeps us safe in the community?
Police officers, crossing guards, lifeguards, and security officers are important people in the community who help keep us safe.
What is an example of a community helper?
Community helpers are important people whose job is to help others. Everyone who lives in a community can be a community helper. Some examples of community helpers are grocery store clerks, teachers, firefighters, paramedics, police officers, and bakers.
Who are community helpers answer?
Community helpers are people who live and work in our communities. Some examples of community helpers are: doctors, nurses, chefs, bakers, astronauts, soldiers, teachers, dentists, mail carriers, bus drivers, coaches, babysitters, fishermen, plumbers, firefighters, farmers, librarians, and volunteers.
What makes a good EYFS classroom?
One of my EYFS classroom must-haves is a visual timetable to display and show the children the different activities and events throughout the day. Editable Self-Registration Display Pack is a great way to encourage children to develop independence and it can also be used to practise counting.
What makes an outstanding EYFS classroom?
The characteristics of effective learning should be constantly shown and children are encouraged to use their imagination and inquisitiveness and are responsive to adults and other children. The curriculum builds children’s confidence, independence and resilience. They are taught to take risks and solve problems.
What is an emergency Eyfs?
EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN. Contain the emergency without harm to child or staff (e.g. in case of fire- use a fire blanket) Check the safety of all the children and remove them from the immediate area- never leave them unattended. If necessary, dial 999 for emergency services or doctor/111 for NHS.