What kind of ground cover grows well in shade?
Hosta – One of the most popular shade ground covers is the hostas. Hosta plants are a great ground cover for shade that can handle shade so long as the soil is well-drained. They look good in foundation gardens, but they also look good when well placed around trees.
What is the fastest growing shade ground cover?
Fast-Growing Ground Cover for Shade
- Sweet Woodruff. Zones 5 to 8.
- Bunchberry. Zones 2 to 7.
- Goldenstar. Zones 5 to 8.
- Trailing Periwinkle. Zones 4 to 8.
- Creeping Thyme. Zones 4 to 9.
- Yellow Alyssum. Zones 4 to 7.
- Ice Plant. Zones 5 to 10.
- Creeping Juniper. Zones 3 to 9.
What is a good non invasive ground cover?
Here are several lovely native, evergreen options to replace tiresome invasive spreaders.
- Allegheny Spurge. Bottlebrush spikes of white flowers appear just before new spring leaves unfurl. (
- Canby’s Mountain Lover.
- Creeping Phlox.
- Moss Phlox.
- Other Native Evergreen Groundcovers.
What is the lowest maintenance ground cover?
The Best Low-Maintenance Ground Covers for Your Garden
- Heuchera. 1/11. An evergreen perennial, heuchera is known for its vibrant foliage, which ranges in color from silver to green to brown.
- Honeysuckle. 2/11.
- Brass Buttons. 3/11.
- Creeping Phlox. 4/11.
- Creeping Jenny. 5/11.
- Stonecrop. 6/11.
- Vinca Minor. 7/11.
- Lamium. 8/11.
What is the fastest growing evergreen ground cover?
Creeping Phlox (Phlox subulata) This particular species of ground cover plant is the fastest growing plant on this list, so it needs to be trimmed regularly, especially if you are using it along a pathway or as a border.
What is the fastest ground cover?
The Best Fast-Growing Ground Cover Plants
- Trailing Periwinkle (Vinca minor)
- Dragon’s Blood (Red Sedum)
- Creeping Phlox (Phlox subulata)
- Golden Creeping Jenny (Lysimachia nummularia)
- Mazus (Mazus reptans)
- Tufted Creeping Phlox (Phlox stolonifera)
- Creeping Thyme (Thymus Serpyllum coccineus)
What ground cover spreads quickly?
16 Options for Fast Growing Ground Cover Plants
- Wild Thyme(Thymus serpyllum)
- Moss Phlox (Phlox subulata)
- Trailing Periwinkle(Vinca minor)
- Sweet Woodruff (Galium odoratum)
- Variegated Snow on the Mountain(Aegopodium podagraria)
- Aubrieta (Aubrieta deltoidea)
- Firecracker Sedum (Sedum)
- Dragon’s Blood Sedum (Sedum)