What is a feature line in Civil 3D?
Feature lines are 3D objects which can be used as grading footprints, surface breaklines, and as corridor baselines. About the Feature Lines Collection (Prospector Tab) Use the Feature Lines collection in the Prospector tree to manage feature line styles and layers.
How do you break a feature line in Civil 3D?
To Break a Feature Line
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Break Find.
- Select the feature line to break:
- Specify the second break point. Note: if you enter the @ character at the prompt for the second break point, it uses the first point location, creating a break without a gap.
How do you create a grade between two feature lines?
When those two feature lines are added to a surface the slope will be calculated automatically when it triangulates between them. The only other thing you could do is delete one of them and use a grading object to create the second FL.
What is grade break in Civil 3D?
GRADE BREAK – An intentional rise in road elevation on a downhill slope, which causes water to flow to both sides of the road, where it can be collected in ditches or dispersed at a stable outlet.
How do you assign elevations in Civil 3D?
To Set Feature Line Elevations From a Surface
- Click Modify tab Edit Elevations panel Elevations From Surface Find.
- In the Set Elevations From Surface dialog box, select a surface.
- Select the Insert Intermediate Grade Break Points check box to insert intermediate grade breaks where the entity crosses surface TIN lines.
How do you add a feature line?
Exercise 1: Creating Feature Lines
- Click Home tab Draw panel Create Line Find.
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Feature Line drop-down Create Feature Lines From Objects Find.
- Click both lines, then right-click and click Enter to end the selection.
- In the Create Feature Lines dialog box, click OK.
How do you connect feature lines?
To Join Feature Lines
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Join Find.
- Select the feature line you want to join other lines to.
- Select the joining object or enter Multiple to make a selection of multiple feature lines, polylines, or 3D polylines.
How do you remove a curve from a feature line in Civil 3D?
To Edit Feature Line Curves
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Edit Curve Find.
- Select the curve to edit. The curve is highlighted, and the points are displayed.
- In the Edit Feature Line Curve dialog box, edit the curve.
- Use the Maintain Tangency option to control the curve tangency state.
How do you grade a feature line?
Feature line grading involves creating a set of feature lines to define the graded region as surface breaklines, and then adjusting the elevation of key points to control the shape of the surface. This technique is ideal for wide, fairly flat areas, such as parking lots or building pads.
How do I add a point to a group in surface Civil 3D?
CREATING A SURFACE Right-click on the Point Groups subdirectory. Click Add. The point group you created should be on the list. Choose it and click Apply and click OK.
What is AutoCAD feature line?
In AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1, a non-relative feature line that is defined as a breakline or a boundary in a surface can subsequently be made relative to a surface (other than a surface in which it is defined as data).
What is a civil 3D grading object?
A grading object has its own properties and behavior, like other object types in AutoCAD Civil 3D. A grading normally consists of a face bounded by a base line, a target line, and several projection lines. The base line can be any open or closed figure from which you want to project the grading. It can be a feature line or a lot line.
What is grading in civil?
Grading in civil engineering and landscape architectural construction is the work of ensuring a level base, or one with a specified slope, for a construction work such as a foundation, the base course for a road or a railway, or landscape and garden improvements, or surface drainage.