What are the rules in table tennis doubles?
- The service must go diagonally, from the server’s right-hand side to the receivers right-hand side.
- A doubles pair must strike the ball alternately.
- At the change of service, the previous receiver becomes the new server and the partner of the previous server becomes the receiver.
What are the rules and regulations in table tennis?
Official Rules of Table Tennis
- GAMES ARE PLAYED TO 11 POINTS.
- ALTERNATE SERVES EVERY TWO POINTS.
- TOSS THE BALL STRAIGHT UP WHEN SERVING.
- THE SERVE CAN LAND ANYWHERE IN SINGLES.
- DOUBLES SERVES MUST GO RIGHT COURT TO RIGHT COURT.
- A SERVE THAT TOUCHES THE NET ON THE WAY OVER IS A “LET”
- ALTERNATE HITTING IN A DOUBLES RALLY.
Can you play doubles in table tennis?
In doubles, serve from the right side of your table and have the ball go across to the left side of table. When serving, either every 2 points scored or every 5 points scored, switch serves between teams. When playing doubles, you will usually play up to 21 but you can play up to 15 as well.
What are the safety rules in table tennis?
- Know the rules of the game.
- Make sure the court is in good condition and isn’t wet.
- Have a first-aid kit available at all practices and games.
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater and wear a hat if you play outside.
- Drink plenty of water during and after play.
How many sets do you need to win in table tennis?
3) Match: a match is usually the winner of best of 3 or 5 sets. In a best of three match, the first player to win 2 sets wins the match. In a best of 5 match, the first player to win 3 sets is the winner of the match.
What is a foul serve in table tennis?
In table tennis, with only 1 “fault serve”, then you lost the point! What is “fault serve” in table tennis? Faut serve is like, the ball bounce 2 times on your side, or jump outside of the table, or it touches your hand, your body during the service. Read the “serving rule in table tennis” for more.
What is an illegal serve in table tennis?
The ball must not be hidden from the receiver at any time during the service. This means that hiding the ball with your torso is illegal, and shielding the ball with the free hand or free arm is also illegal. It also means that you cannot put your racket in front of the ball before it struck.
Who serves first in second set?
The player or team who was receiving in the last game of the first set will serve first in the second set. In other words, the alternating of serves continues in the same manner.
How many sets are in Olympic table tennis?
A professional or Olympic table tennis match is played in games to 11 (not 21!). Much like how a tennis match is a best of 5 sets, a table tennis match will be a best of 7 of these games to 11. Service alternates 2 serves each (not 5!). If the score reaches 10-10, this is a deuce.
Who is called the server in table tennis?
At the end of every two points, the receiving player becomes the server, and the partner of the serving player becomes the receiver.