Is Lake District Romantic?
Known for its natural beauty, peaceful serenity and breathtaking scenery, the Lake District has a longstanding reputation for being one of the most romantic destinations in the whole of the United Kingdom. With so much to offer, the Lake District is the must-visit destination for your next couples retreat.
Where should I stay when visiting the Lake District?
- The Samling. Lake Windermere, Lake District, England.
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa. Windermere, Lake District, England.
- Lindeth Fell Country House. Windermere, Lake District, England.
- Rothay Manor. Ambleside, Lake District, England.
- The Swan Hotel & Spa.
- The Forest Side.
- The Daffodil Hotel & Spa.
- The Yan at Broadrayne.
Where can I propose in the Lake District?
The Best Places to Propose in the Lake District
- Derwentwater. If you’re hoping to propose at the very heart of natural beauty, then you cannot go far wrong with Derwentwater.
- Kendal Castle.
- Rydal Hall Gardens.
- Treetop Trek.
- Lake Windermere.
- Lake District Accommodation.
Where in Cumbria is Muncaster Castle?
Muncaster Castle is a privately owned castle overlooking the River Esk, about a mile east of the west-coastal town of Ravenglass in Cumbria, England.
What is the most romantic place in UK?
Full list of 20 most romantic places in the UK
- Fairy Pools, Glenbrittle, Isle of Skye, ScotlanD.
- Grasmere, Lake District, England.
- City of Bath.
- Durdle Door, Dorset.
- Tresco, Isles of Scilly.
- Portmeirion, Gwynedd, Wales.
- Bourton-on-the-water, the Cotswolds.
- Porthcurno, The Minack Theatre, Cornwall.
How many days do you need in Lake District?
If you plan on travelling a wider area and wish to take in as much of the Lake District National Park as possible, then we strongly recommend staying for 5 – 7 nights.
Where to go for a romantic break in the Lake District?
Treat your loved one by staying in a romantic luxury secluded lodge with your own hot tub, where you can sip champagne together under the stars. Or maybe a luxury spa break in a top hotel with panoramic views over a Lake.
Where to go for a weekend break in the UK?
As far as UK weekend breaks away for couples go, this one is hugely popular. This romantic break is ideally situated close to the Lake District with access to all of Cumbria. As the picture shows, it’s a weekend break in the UK made for romance.
Where to go for a romantic getaway in England?
Shepherd’s Cottage, Eden Valley This romantic cottage for couples is set in one of the greenest spots in England, the beautiful Eden Valley, and within the Yorkshire Dales National Park near the Lake District. This is a little haven of peace, and it makes an ideal romantic getaway.
Where is the best place to stay in the Lake District?
Located between Kendal and Windermere you have quick access to shops, bars, restaurants with the mountains and lakes on your doorstep. We love this romantic cottage in The Lake District; it’s rare to find an authentic Lakeland cottage but with all the comforts you’d want on a romantic break.