How do you use a crinkle cutter knife?
- Cut a wavy circle with crinkle knife.
- Cut on angle each side of the cucumber slice and our Christmas tree is ready to decorate any appetizer.
- Make a wavy slice and place on a toothpick before making a tree.
- When wavy cucumber slice on a toothpick so easy to make cuts on sides.
What do you do with a crinkle cutter?
10 Uses for a Crinkle Cutter
- Ice cream. Wouldn’t it be pretty to serve slices of ice cream with crinkle cut edges?
- Butter. A crinkle cutter makes perfect pats of butter, and it makes them fancy.
- Party food.
- Toddler food.
- Foods that end in “stick.”French toast sticks.
- Veggies for soup.
What is a crinkle knife?
The Crinkle Cut Knife from Zyliss is a versatile cutting tool. The zigzag stainless steel blade is ideal for making French fries, wavy vegetables and other decorative cuts. The Crinkle Cut Knife’s textured soft grip handle ensures controlled cutting action, even with wet hands.
Can you make waffle fries with a crinkle cutter?
For crinkle-cut fries, simply slice potatoes vertically with a crinkle cutter, also called a wavy chopper or serrated slicer. For waffle fries, after making one vertical slice, rotate the potato 90°, and make another vertical slice. You can find many styles of crinkle-cutting tools on amazon.com for less than $10.
How do you use crinkle cutter for fries?
The Basic Steps
- Step 1: Peel the potatoes.
- Step 2: Using a crinkle cutter, cut the potatoes into slices, then cut them into individual fries.
- Repeat until you’ve cut all the potatoes into wavy fries!
- Step 3: Transfer the fries to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Step 4: Swirl them around to coat them.
What is a squiggly knife for?
Make your meals fun by cutting food with a wavy crinkle knife, perfect for children! Create fun, healthy snacks, slice salad toppings or prep ingredients for stir-fry recipes. The sharp steel blade is sturdy and durable for effortless slicing.
How do you cut waffle fries without a crinkle cutter?
Homemade waffle fries can be made with a mandolin slicer with a waffle blade or a waffle fry cutter. Use the mandolin to slice the potato at a thickness of around ¼ inch (6mm). Rotate the potato 90 degrees and make a second slice. Continue the above method until the potatoes are completely sliced.
Can you hand cut waffle fries?
Step 2: Cutting Waffle Fries To cut the waffle fries, slice downward on the end of a potato with a crinkle cutter. Rotato the potato 90 degrees, and slice downward again. Repeat this process until the entire potato is sliced.
How do crinkle fries get their shape?
Crinkle – This wavy cut is a result of two-step process that involves pushing pre-soaked potatoes lengthwise on a mandolin outfitted with a special cutter. Gather the slices back into a whole potato shape, rotate a quarter-turn then carefully make the second cut.
Who has crinkle fries?
12. Raising Cane’s — Crinkle Cut Fries. While Del Taco’s crinkle-cut fries were a considerable step up from Arby’s and Shake Shack’s, Raising Cane’s still snagged the top spot for crinkle-cut fries in our ranking.
What can you serve with a crinkle knife?
Butter pats cut with crinkle knife are so nice to serve on the breakfast table. Great with porridge, bread, toast, and much more! Just slice butter with a crinkle knife and butter ready to serve. We can make it in advance. Simple and cute way to serve butter.
What can you use a crinkle cutter for?
So many ways how to use a crinkle cutter. I use as a knife to cut wavy pattern on fruit and vegetable what is a very common use. Also, we can use to make some like a gnocchi tape pasta or make cookies what is not common use at all but the surface of the wavy knife is so great for these uses.
Can you make potato wedges with a crinkle knife?
When I make potato wedges with a crinkle knife, from plain potatoes they immediately became fancy potato wedges. Takes the same time to make if we cut with a chef knife or crinkle knife but absolutely different effect. Works great for potatoes and sweet potatoes.