How do you change a Registered Agent in NC?

To change your North Carolina registered agent, simply fill out a Statement of Change of Registered Office and/or Registered Agent and submit it to the North Carolina Secretary of State along with the $5 filing fee paid by check or credit card (online and in person).

How do I change the Registered Agent on my LLC?

You hire a new registered agent, file a Change of Registered Agent form with the state where the business is registered, and then cancel service with the old registered agent. Businesses can change registered agents at any time. Most states do, however, require a filing fee for the Change of Registered Agent form.

How do I update my Articles of Organization NC?

To amend a North Carolina LLCs articles of organization, you file form L-17, Limited Liability Company Amendment of Articles of Organization with the North Carolina Secretary of State, Corporations Division SOS. You can submit the amendment by mail, in person, or online.

How do I change ownership of an LLC in NC?

North Carolina LLCs have to file the completed Limited Liability Company Amendment of Articles of Organization with the Corporations Division of the Secretary of State. You can submit by mail, online, or in person. If you file over-the-counter, you have to include a cover sheet for Corporate Filings.

How much does a registered agent cost in NC?

North Carolina Registered Agent Services Most Registered Agent Services in North Carolina cost between $100 and $300 per year. Once hired, they will receive Service of Process on behalf of your North Carolina LLC and then forward it to you by mail, or scan and upload it to your online account.

Can an LLC be its own registered agent?

You can act as your own Registered Agent for a corporation or LLC as long as you have a physical street address in the state where your corporation or LLC is formed. The actual corporation or LLC being formed, however, cannot name itself as its own Registered Agent.

Can you cancel a registered agent?

Since maintaining a registered agent is a requirement set forth by the Secretary of State, registered agent service can only be cancelled once InCorp has been removed from public record by either replacing your existing registered agent or dissolving your corporate entity.

How do I submit articles of organization?

To file articles of organization for your LLC, follow these steps:

  1. Contact Your State’s Secretary of State or Business Filing Agency.
  2. File Your Articles of Organization.
  3. Pay the LLC Formation Filing Fee.
  4. Receive a Certificate of Formation.
  5. Publish Notice of Formation, If Required.

Can I file Articles of Dissolution in NC online?

North Carolina requires business owners to submit their Articles of Dissolution by mail or online. Online filers must select “Submit a Filing to an Existing Entity” search for their business, and then select “Upload a PDF Filing”.

What do you need to know about NC Secretary of State forms?

Form used for changing the registered office and/or registered agent for a business entity. Form used by the registered agent to resign as registered agent. Form used by a foreign corporation or a foreign nonprofit corporation to withdraw its certificate of authority.

When to use a North Carolina business form?

Form used when two or more entities are merging and at least one is a North Carolina business entity. Form used by a North Carolina business entity that converts to a foreign business or a North Carolina General Partnership.

Where is the Secretary of State office in Raleigh NC?

You may deliver your documents directly to us in person between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday excluding weekends and State holidays. The physical address is 2 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27601, which is located directly across from the State Capitol Building.

When to use a template in North Carolina?

Template may be used to create a resolution by a foreign corporation to adopt a fictitious name when the true name of the corporation is not available in North Carolina. Form used when the registered agent changes its registered office address.