How can I promote my translation business?
Contact companies or organizations that may need translations in your language pairs and in the subject areas that are your specialties.
- Mailers: Your Calling Card. Direct mail can work.
- Translators Groups.
- Translation Companies.
- World Trade Associations.
- Internet Works for You.
- Public Sector Work.
Is there a market for translators?
Rapid globalization process and the ever-growing amount of content that needs to be translated has resulted in an unbelievable growth of the global translation market, reaching $40 billion in 2016. Today translation is used to reach the foreign audiences and engage with new clients from around the world.
How do translators get clients?
Finding The Direct Translation Client
- Offline Networking. My most successful method for finding direct clients has always been offline.
- Professional Association Directories. Another place to connect with direct clients is through professional association directories.
- Social Media Marketing.
- Content Marketing.
Can translators make a lot of money?
In the U.S., the average salary of a translator is $19.67/hour. However, many language experts earn at least three times the average wage, depending on their skills and area of expertise. A translator or interpreter who is also certified by the American Translators Association can make more than $66/hour.
How do you promote translation?
7 Ways to Market your Translation Business
- 1) Tell everyone you know that you are a freelance translator.
- 2) Contact local businesses and let them know about your services.
- 3) Volunteer.
- 4) Get online.
- 5) Ask former clients for referrals.
- 6) Get a business card.
- 7) Don’t stop.
Are translators in high demand?
Employment of interpreters and translators is projected to grow 24 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations. About 10,400 openings for interpreters and translators are projected each year, on average, over the decade.
How do I get my first translation job?
The best way to gain experience is to start working as an employee in either a translation agency or as an in-house translator for a company in your preferred field. In order to obtain the position, you must have experience. This can come via an internship and/or through volunteering.
How do I get translation experience?
- Find a job as an in-house translator.
- Look for a job that includes some translation/interpreting work.
- Go abroad for a while.
- Volunteer for translation jobs.
- Gather experience where ever you can and make sure you can prove that you have done so.
- Start your own marketing campaign for direct clients.
How do freelance translators get paid?
Most translators cover between 400-600 words per hour for a job of average difficulty. This works out to 2,000-3,000 words per day, or 400,000-600,000 words per year (with weekends and some vacation time). At $0.10 per word, a full-time annual income comes out to around $50,000.